Company Profile: A large travel, hotel and restaurant conglomerate with over 420 travel agencies, 570 restaurants, 396 hotels, with close to a $900K monthly spend, was looking for a TEM managed services provider who could provide clean monthly billing, correctly identified GL coding, and timely monthly bill processing.
Challenge: Client was frustrated with their incumbent TEM provider since there was no procedure in place to make sure all invoices were processed in a timely manner at the end of each month, resulting in a large percentage of invoices incurring hundreds of dollars in late fees, as well accounts being disconnected for non-payment. In addition, there was no accurate inventory of their services or properly tied accounts to the client’s GL coding.
Services Provided: Monthly TEM Services, Dispute Management, Account Consolidation, Auditing
- A comprehensive review of all invoices resulted in consolidation of hundreds of accounts.
- Established an accurate list of active accounts and a missing bills process to make sure bills were paid on time to reduce late fees and disconnects.
- Reduced the number of late payments on accounts from 375 accounts that were past due to Zero in 1 year.
- Late fees on accounts were reduced from average of $1,440 per month to $75 in the first year.
- Recovered more than $186K in one-time credits in first year.
- Consolidated almost 1600 invoices.
- Identified services no longer needed by auditing key Operating Groups.
- Put a procedure in place for processing refund checks.
I was so frustrated at all of the things (another TEM provider) was NOT doing for us, and so happy about all of the things you ARE doing for us. It’s been a long time coming, but I enjoy having a relationship with a partner who really has it together. You are doing an amazing job—and we see the hard work and late nights paying off. Consider us a client who will reference for you willingly and with pleasure.
—Trudy Kirk, Carlson Inc.